Sunday 30 March 2008

Continuity

It's the weekend again. 3 days since last post. Yesterday I was subjected to the world of upper class. I live in the North of Oxford so there's much opportunity for snobbism, firstly from academics and secondly from rich students who come from far-flung corners of the world because they think it makes them cleverer to study at Oxford. But yesterday I had an extra-big injection of conservativeness. I woke up at 6:00, ate breakfast then cycled to the river. I coxed a rowing boat full of girls from the local private school. Then we got out of the river and the fat parents in Land Rovers arrived to pick up their 'darlings'. I cycled to a local gym to shower. Most of the members are white, middle-aged and unfit; the people who clean the toilets are foreign immigrants and they get paid the minimum wage. Then I went to have lunch in one of North Oxford's upper class hotspots: the St Edwards college restaurant. These people own enormous cricket pitches in the middle of an area where the average house price is £1.4 million pounds. And they're so rich they can afford to eat like royalty at the college canteen, 3 meals a day, 7 days a week (It's a boarding college). That's my rant over. Now I'm going to speak of better things. As of now you can subscribe to our blog using ReallySimpleSyndication (RSS):
http://stuffwewrite.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
We watched the film 'into the wild', it was a good film with lots of idealism, morals, there was even a short burst of romance. It was a good film until the end where it stopped being a good film and made me feel ill. Having watched almost 2 hours of a man travelling America and experiencing the true joys of life, I was too attached to him to watch as he was paralysed and began slowly starving to death in a caravan in Alaska. It was a brilliant film up to that point. If you ever go to see this film, just leave the cinema in the last half-hour because from there on it gets depressing. And this morning I opened up Half-Life 2 Episode 2 in Garry's Mod to see what was new. I wasn't disappointed because a wide new range of features blossomed in the menu. The car from Episode 2 is there, hunters are there, the new version of Alyx is there, Maps, Props and effects have all been added. So in my state of happiness I built a small scenario: Stalker vs. Helicopter. Having played through the level in which you're stuck in an air vent while some sadistic hunter fires at you with a flechette gun, I have exacted my revenge by taking a flechette gun from GMod, sticking a hunter in an air vent and firing at it repeatedly until it gets the message. Revenge is sweet. That's all for now. My next post will probably be less of a jumbled mess of ideas and more of an organised diary, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites

Iraq body count

The Escapist : Latest News