Thursday 30 October 2008

Waiting for this dam laptop.

When at the winter festival this year the traition of giving money to me comes around I shall (probably) demand nothing but cash and a 12-month subscription to PC format and Xbox LIVE gold. With this cash I shall purchase the world's best value-for-money laptop. My laptop for me that nobody else but me can use. The following is my list of my software that I want to install on my laptop:
  • Arr! Bullets!
  • Paint.NET
  • Google Chrome
  • Google Gears
  • Google Picasa
  • Google Desktop
  • Skype
  • FRAPS
  • Steam + Half-Life Source, Counter Strike 1.6, Team Fortress Classic
  • Latest version of Rising Eagle
  • Including the Source SDK with Faceposer, Hammer and the other one 
  • Star Control 2
  • Visual Studio 2008
  • Searchable English-German dictionary
  • A whole bunch of codecs + conversion software for my camcorder
  • VLC media player
  • Serif MoviePlus X3
That's just about all of them, it should stay simple for a good while.
Oh, and here's my criteria for a good laptop:
  • Screen width more than 9 inches but less than 16 inches. And of a reasonable resolution.
  • Price under £650 but over £450.
  • Has enough 'Oomph' to multitask a lot.

Also today I connected up the Xbox and the PC through Windows Media Center. Something which I've been trying to do for ages. In preparation for the Netflix integration which comes with the New Xbox Experience. Wahey!

Anyone know a good way of doing text-based adventures in XAML?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites

Iraq body count

The Escapist : Latest News